The largest sugar producer in the country is Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), which works with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and is a part of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited, which is Africa’s biggest sugar producer. The company is in the centre/south of the country in the Morogoro region. It is made up of two farms and sugar factories, Msolwa and Ruembe, which are next to each other on either side of the Great Ruaha River and connected by a low-level bridge.
The company makes about 130,000 tonnes of sugar a year from about 1.25 million tonnes of sugar cane. About 55% of the sugar cane is grown by our own cane-growing operations, and the other 45% is grown by our growers, who continue to benefit from the business’s extension support, training, and development. Under the company’s successful “route to market” sugar marketing business model, Kilombero’s brown sugar sold under the brand name “Bwana Sukari” gets a lot of support from local customers. Kilombero is one of four sugar producers in Tanzania. At the moment, Tanzania is a net importer of sugar because it only makes a little more than 300,000 tonnes of sugar.
NEW VACANCY AT KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED, APRIL 2023
The company is now looking for people who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking, and dedicated to filling new positions. READ FULL DETAILS THROUGH THE PDF DOCUMENT ATTACHED BELOW: