Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Open Position: Corporate Affairs Head (1 position)
Office Location: Kilombero, Morogoro
Reports To: Country MD
Date of Advert: 06th April 2023
The largest sugar producer in the country is Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), which works with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and is a part of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited, which is Africa’s biggest sugar producer. To fill the above position at Kilombero, the company is looking for people who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking, and committed.
The right person will devise a strategy for dealing with stakeholders, find and deal with reputational and stakeholder-related worries and risks, and make sure that mitigation plans are put in place. Develop good relationships with the government and the media to ensure all stakeholders know about the organisation and the industry and are on board.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and operational plans for corporate affairs in the country.
- Develop and implement stakeholder strategies, including stakeholder identification, engagement, and relationship maintenance plans.
- Build and maintain an external stakeholder database.
- Engage with legal and other internal stakeholders; to develop communications strategies for identified issues, including engagements with relevant external stakeholders.
- Coordinate social investments, donations, media relations and events on behalf of Illovo
- and handle media relations, queries, and information on behalf of Illovo in the country.
- lead crisis management pertaining to our reputation and issues affecting entities in the communities where we operate.
- Provide input on regulatory and sustainability matters, implement related executive decisions, and facilitate engagements with relevant stakeholders.
- Engage with and contribute to relevant external advisory bodies.
- Support the building of sustainability and community development plans.
- Develop, implement, and manage an in-country integrated communications strategy.
- Initiate and develop the business case for key capital projects, ensuring required outcomes are delivered; e.g,
- Hosting a roundtable table/panel discussion with government officials, industry players, and the media on issues affecting the sugar industry.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven track record of working in African economies
- Knowledge of industrial business and government workings
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce, law, or communications is preferred.
- 7-10 years of industry experience in executive roles.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
- The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
- All interested candidates who meet the above requirements should click here to apply for the position on or before April 20, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.