The role of the Head of the Primary School is to support the daily organization, administration and operations of the Primary School.
He or she is mostly in charge of building good relationships between staff, students, and their families. This means helping, advising, supporting, directing, and solving problems. He or she will work for the School Director. Talk with the Director about being on call during school breaks to help with tasks as needed. Teach the classes that are on the schedule.
Job title: Head of Primary School
Focus Area: Teaching & Administration
Classification: Full-Time – Senior Teacher
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and develop the Primary School to ensure that the specific needs of primary-aged students are central to the practices and policies that are implemented.
- Lead the development of the School’s values and the achievement of its aims to maximize the potential of each student and to support the development of a social, spiritual and personal sense of duty in each student.
- Model and develop a culture of accountability, reflection and individual learning which will underpin improvement for both staff and students.
- Liaise with the Head of Academics and Learning to influence and implement a dynamic curriculum that engages students.
- Promote and lead a professional learning culture through the development of a coordinated, longitudinal professional learning program that embeds professional collaboration and learning into the routine practice of the school.
- Staying abreast of current developments in primary schooling to strategically plan for and implement improvements in structures, policies, pedagogy and curriculum.
- Playing a role in the appointment, induction and professional development of teaching staff.
- Monitor and celebrate students’ achievements and contributions to the Primary School community.
- Conduct interviews with families wishing to enroll in the School and submit recommendations to the Director.
Education Other Skills Required
- Experience in a senior leadership position or demonstrable potential to succeed in a senior leadership role.
- A knowledge of, and experience in, financial management, strategic management, governance and marketing.
- A knowledge of, or willingness to acquire, an understanding of the legislation and policies of government as they affect schools.
- Experience in advocating strategies which enhance the success of all students.
- An excellent teacher who is able to demonstrate engaging, deep learning experiences.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to students, staff, and parents.
- Comprehensive experience in building a connected school community, a positive culture, student welfare and soul care.
- Leadership skills of a high order with demonstrated professionalism and probity and a proven ability to guide, mentor and develop people.
- A candidate with a degree in education or other related fields of expertise. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position with a proven track record of great success.
All interested candidates should send their CVs and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org